Thursday, October 4, 2018

What's New - Sept recap

I don't do the monthly recaps as often as I should and I should do more since this is a good way to remember what I've done ... especially since September was the longest. month. ever.

Linking up with Kristen :)

Grab button for What's New With You

This isn't even a proper recap since I barely remember what all I've done so here are the highlights and some photos of the month ...

This was on the way to her first dental cleaning. I didn't want to do the cleaning but she had some loose teeth and the vet had been recommending a dental for a few years. However her liver enzymes were double what they should have been and The Google told me that dental issues could cause that so I decided that she'd have it done.

This was the following week. She's not tired, this is depression in dogs. I didn't know it could happen. She wasn't herself, definitely. Didn't want a treat, didn't want to be the first to crate up (she is well-known for dashing to her crate as soon as the word is mentioned), but was drinking a lot of water and just laying around. This is my shadow-dog and I was so incredibly scared at this point, but having to keep it all to myself since the kids were worried too.


And this is Frannie Grace after a 48 hour stay at the vet, back to her smiling self. The vet had suspected cancer but ruled that out when she perked up so quickly with an IV to help flush out her liver. The liquor cabinet now has a lock on it and she's on a specialty diet plus two meds, likely for the rest of her life ... which will be for at least another 30 years, so it's worth it.


Fresh Stop Markets is part of the newroots.org program where they take CSAs into communities that might not have access to fresh food. There are four different levels of participation and everyone receives the same amount of produce, regardless of income. What I like is that there are enough people who purchase the "Justice Share" (at cost plus a little more) so that extra shares are available for donation. This was my first pick-up: 10 different produce items, plus recipes, plus samples of the recipes made by a local chef, all items are locally grown and organic. This benefits the farmers and the community -- win/win!



I just thought this one was funny. :)


This old guy ... Spade Maximus. 7 years old and acts like he's 70.


The month I bid farewell to my Fitbit. I had to get another one right away since I had a Stepbet starting the next week. This little contraption is one of my side hustles with Stepbet, Achievement, points added to my Walgreen's Balance Rewards and Dick's Sporting Goods accounts, and I suppose it helps me stay healthy and motivated too. Whatever.


I got a different Presidential Alert text. I would have preferred this one. RIP Scrimgeour.


This is literally the smallest medal for a race I kicked booty in. It was actually a keychain, but they also provided a lanyard so I ditched the keychain part and made it a medal. First time running this race and scored my best pace ever! Really looking forward to the marathon in LESS THAN A MONTH!


For October, I'm participating in the Minimalist challenge. I don't use Instagram Stories but I guess I'll post the pics on there after I get a few more days so it doesn't clutter up my regular IG profile filled with pictures of pugs and books and food. Look for me on there: @elladams

I'll also be posting Tuesday, Oct. 9 with Jana and Steph's Show Us Your Books. I need to get to reading ... with all the running and running around and spending time with my kids, I'm not reading as much as I used to and I miss it ... but I also enjoy the running and spending time with my kids. They're getting older too quickly but as long as they want to spend time with their mama, I will make sure my attention is on them. 

Your turn ... what's new?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do try to respond to any messages via email ... so make sure you have your email address listed in the comment form.

Obligatory year-in-review post - 2020

It's been a hot minute. My last post was in 2019? I figured it's time for an update. It’s long, but I haven’t posted on here in so l...