Friday, February 2, 2018

Do-over day

In the spirit of Phil Connors and in honor of today, I sometimes like to think I want a do-over.


(Who else is thinking this?)


I think everyone goes through phases of the what-ifs -
What if I had been more outgoing in school?
What if I had been a better friend?
What if I had gone to a different college?
What if I had stuck to my original major?
What if I had said no?
What if I had said yes?
What if I said 4 years were enough?
What if ... what if ... what if ...

I do know it wasn't this.

And then I know that if anything from my past had been even slightly different, I wouldn't be where I am today (acceptance to my new reality). But then again ... if anything from my past had been even slightly different, I wouldn't be where I am today (wishful thinking of a better reality). But then again, when I look at my kids -- there's no way I would have changed a thing.

So now my new what ifs are full of present and future changes --
what if I can be a better mom?
what if I can be a better daughter and sister?
what if I can be a better friend?

So on that note ... happy Friday! Paint crew coming tomorrow ... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do try to respond to any messages via email ... so make sure you have your email address listed in the comment form.

Obligatory year-in-review post - 2020

It's been a hot minute. My last post was in 2019? I figured it's time for an update. It’s long, but I haven’t posted on here in so l...