This is a guest post (my first!) from Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner. I'm registered for this and will be incorporating the virtual race in with my marathon training. For the most part, my runs aren't anything more than 'get the mileage in' or 'get the time in'. Using a race for a long run, even if it's a virtual race, will hopefully help me change my mindset for that particular day and see how much I've improved since my last race.
Have you considered a Virtual Race to help you with your fitness motivation?
What are Virtual Races? They are Runners, walkers or hikers who sign up for a distance they want to conquer for their goal. Come race week participants pick a course of their choice, race any day during the race week, and go any pace they'd like. That is the best part, time doesn't have to be scheduled away from other things in life, day or night what is ever best works!
Efforts and completion as in a regular road race, are provided with a race t-shirt and beautiful unique finishers medallion to show off your accomplishments and add to your race bling collections.
In fact Run Sea to shining Sea has created a unique finishers medallion you can earn for all your hard work here is a glimpse of the design. (Note: the actual medal will be a nice quality heavier nickel metal about 3 inches wide with a navy blue splash of color.)
Sound like something you’d like to do? Join up today!
Registrations spots for the Sea to Shining Sea Virtual Races are filling up fast and prices go up August 1st. If you register today, you can use discount code FUNRUN and save 15% off the registration price. HINT: If you are willing to share you signed up on Facebook during registration you can save an additional 10% too. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, don't wait! Secure your spot today!!
Are you a parent? Are your kids telling you they are bored this summer?
Run Sea to Shining Sea has group discounts available so feel free to register your entire family for some fun competition.
Your kids will love the finisher’s medal they can earn by participating and will be fun for them to show off to their friends about their accomplishments!
It Doesn’t Have to be on a Treadmill or Neighborhood street
With a virtual race you can take yourself to the course of your dreams. Mountains, Valleys, National Parks, Beaches… Your choice!
Need a Few More Reasons to Enter Run Sea to Shining Sea Virtual Races?
* Use it as a training run for a fall race you are gearing towards.
* To motivate you to stay active or to become active.
* Compete against yourself. Or grab some friends for some healthy fun competition.
* Compete in your own way with no restrictions, run during the time of day and day of the week that works best for your schedule.
* It supports American small businesses, medal creation, and t-shirt screen printing all done by American based companies. In addition, the event project itself is for a college thesis project so you'll be helping a runner get her Recreational Management degree!
* To earn a new medallion to add to your race accomplishment displays.
Want to give it a try? You can REGISTER HERE today before registration prices increase.
Have you done any virtual races of any distance?
How do you keep motivated for those long runs in training?