Weather-weak in my old age

Not sure what happened. I used to love winter. Love it. Snow, cold, the whole biz. I think the change came about after I started being more active -- and now I'm ready for Spring.

I tried going outside for my daily walk at lunch (Big Four Bridge -- woot!) and even bundled up. As soon as I opened the back door at work, a gust of wind grabbed it and I could hardly get it shut again. If I had persisted and went to the bridge, I'm sure I would have been blown off the side in a heartbeat. Being short has its advantages (low center of gravity, for one) but I don't want to risk it either.

Blah - just wanted to say I think that either my blood (not my body) is getting thinner as I get older or I've become addicted to being outside. I like to think it's the latter.



Kick-off for my next half marathon training is this week -- so either I'm going to be one of those people who will complain incessantly until temps get back to the 50s or I'll suck it up and get some runs in outside.

Comments

  1. I didn't train one time outside last year for the Triple Crown & those BRISK mornings on race day about killed me. I know once I get out & start running in it, its not so bad to me anymore. so I need to suck it up... but I still refuse to do it if its not sunny :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am one of those people who complain from basically november - march hahaha. i haven't run outside in weeks. i'm such a baby! i love the heat. bring it on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I do try to respond to any messages so make sure you have your email address listed in the comment form.

Popular posts from this blog

when suddenly ... October!

What's New - Sept version

Reading Time