Tuesday, March 3, 2015

On starting a streak ...

I'm no good at New Year's Resolutions and committing to something day in and day out is a joke for me. However, I would like to put out here that I am starting a run-streak, as of yesterday. And considering I'm the only one who reads this now, I'll only be letting myself down. :)

Yesterday was cold. Too cold to go out for a walk at lunch so I had plans to go to the YMCA. But life got in the way ... Matt couldn't pick up the kittens from the vet (spayed) so I needed to get them. That meant I couldn't stop off at GFS and Old Navy on the way home for coffee supplies and a winter coat for Allie and then head to the Y before or after supper. That's all OK ... I can roll with the punches. Still had plans to just get the kittens and then go to the Y. Until I get home and find out Allie was feeling sick. Again, roll with the punches. So Will goes with me to get the kittens, on the way home I find out Allie isn't just feeling sick, she's getting sick (luckily in the trashcan) so no Y for me. Again, rolling with those punches. As much as I dislike the treadmill at home, it was time to get back on it. While I was considering how far I'd go (time goal? distance goal? or just a little bit until I get bored/tired goal?), I was reading the newest issue of Runner's World. They just "happened" to have a segment in there about what crazy things people do to keep their streak going. Streak? Maybe I should try that! I'm not going meet my goal of 500 miles for 2014 but maybe I can do that as my goal for 2015! And then I was thinking ... why wait 48 days to start a resolution, start it now!

So that's what I did. I went to the next day of the Couch to 10k program that I left off at and did that. I ended up walking more than the program called for but I stuck with it to the end -- ended up with almost 4.5 miles in 56 minutes. And we'll see if I can keep this up. My hope/plan/wish/dream/goal is simply to run at least a mile each day.

1 comment:

  1. Odd ... posted this on Jan 2 or 3rd but it didn't 'take'. Anyway, didn't keep up with the streak but I am doing the half-marathon training program (mostly). :)

    ReplyDelete

I do try to respond to any messages so make sure you have your email address listed in the comment form. This is not actually a public blog yet (as in, strangers-to-me know about it but it has not been shared with many who know me) but hey! it has been great to meet-through-here people from the blogosphere! :) So please leave a comment!