Friday, January 3, 2014

One of my goals for 2014 is to run 800 miles. I'm sure I can do it -- just need to remember to update my RunKeeper when I do runs at the Y or the treadmill. Not really sure why I picked 800 ... that comes to (math in my head ... ) (never mind, can't do it ... ) 66+ miles/month? Wait ... really??

Wow. OK. So .. that seems a lofty goal but I would like to go on record and say yes, I accept that challenge.

So with that in mind ... I have run/walk (because I'm counting the walking if it's part of a running workout) 2.5 miles thus far in 2014 and 797.5 more to go. Yep.

However, with a 5k in February, a 10k and 10 miler in March, a virtual 5k and virtual 5 miler in May, a 5k in July, a virtual 5 miler in September, a HALF-marathon and a 5 miler in November, and another 5k in December ... with all those, that's gotta come close to some number. And then the training for all that? Even better! Holy moley ... the races are only 56 miles. OK. Well, let's do this then. (insert freaked out scared face)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do try to respond to any messages so make sure you have your email address listed in the comment form. This is not actually a public blog yet (as in, strangers-to-me know about it but it has not been shared with many who know me) but hey! it has been great to meet-through-here people from the blogosphere! :) So please leave a comment!